View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: $220 HU SNG: Case study vs Tough, aggro opponent

[ QUOTE ]
Very interesting match. And quite thought provoking for low (5s and 10s) grinder like me. There should be more >50$ HHs like this.

Two questions:
- Hand #40 and #46 - you seemed to be shoving (PF) pretty light with K,rag. EV or metagame? Care to share your thought process behind this?

- Hand #18 - you folded A4o to a raise from LAG. Is this always fold? What Ace,something is the minimum to be considered playable OOP? A8? A9?

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 40 is based on the size of his stack and the chips in the pot, as well as image (his and mine). There's 200 in the pot, leaving him with 825. He is going to be raising a ton of hands here given his playing style; I'm guessing at least 75% so pushing with top 30% is fine because he's smart enough to realize he has some fold equity left in his stack and can wait for a better spot. I also have a pretty tight image preflop in terms of reraising.

hand 46 that is the bottom of the range I would push here.

Hand 18-this is an easy fold. The blinds are still low, and Ax off suit is an incredibly difficult hand to play OOP against a very loose aggressive player. This guy is not going to let me call down for cheap and I can wait for a better spot.

Early on against this guy I am probably calling my top 20% hands OOP so I'd call or raise in this situation down to A7o. Sometimes I'd call and craise the flop (see hand 34), sometimes I'll 3bet and lead the flop, sometimes I'll call and just call the flop.