View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: $6.50 blind battle

[ QUOTE ]

This why you raise this Pre Flop, he will call with all kinds of crap. You have position Post Flop. Depending on the nature of the flop and the action facing you you will be left with easy decisions. Check behind, Shove or Fold.

If you cannot handle playing Post Flop and you think that Villian will call loose then GKA option is better. But not raising this spot in a 6.50 is losing you a lot of $$'s.

Personally I prefer a value raise here when the effective Blinds are 12BB's here.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a cash game you would want to get called by junk but here, if you were to raise to 600 it should be in hopes of taking it down; it shouldn't be a value raise unless you're holding a monster (JJ+) IMO. If you raise to 600 with a non-pair hand and get called, you will be left in a huge pot with no pair 2 out of 3 times. With a good stack and nearing the bubble shouldn't the goal be to avoid confrontation unless you have a monster hand? I think this might be why so many are saying to shove - you just take the pot down the vast majority of the time which is what I want. Raising to 600 doesn't accomplish this as much as I'd want at a 6.50. I didn't think the pot was big enough without anties but I'm starting to think shoving might be ok.