View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Help my horse (and me)

[ QUOTE ]
AKo and AKs are both huge winners for me through 200k hands at SSNL, everyone who is losing with them is playing them really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh there's a sweeping generalisation.

present db just hit 37221 hands...

AKo 382times (so it's running hot)

0.13BB/hand

in those 382 times I've won a 100BB stack *twice*[both times getting it all in pre] (usually I raise preflop and fold everyone at the table)

I've lost 100BB+ with AK 8 times - 3 times I overplayed TPTK Post and have only myself to blame so thats ~400BB I could have saved - 3 times I got coolered and lost while the money went in ahead (~300BB) - and a couple of times I got out flopped and paid off a set with top 2 - and paid off some guy with A4o who called a HUGE raise pre and hit an A4x flop and I didn't improve.

having just flipped thru my AK hands I'd guesstimate that a little over 1/3 of the money I lost with AK was poor play, the remainder was just getting sucked out on or putting money in effectively drawing dead to a maniac who happens to have flopped one of the 2 hands that beat me...

and ~1/3 of my winnings with AK are when i got lucky and sucked out on the villain - (usually happens preflop - where I get all-in vs KK and flop an Ace) mostly I seem to get lucky and hit my outs in smaller pots - and do badly in the luck dept in the huge pots.

Most of the time I Raise and take down the blinds or take down the pot on the flop with a CB and this is a huge chunk of the monies I've won with AK.

So sometimes I play AK really badly - most of the time I play it goot - but I shall take note of what Matt and Sunny have to say about AK and hopefully my results will improve.

0.13BB/hand is worse than 23s over the same hand sample!

(yes obv my sample here is quite small - hopefully in 100k hands time I'll be making more than 0.13BB/hand)