View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: 2008 National Champions (NCAAF)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For all those on the Michigan bandwagon, don't forget that Lloyd Carr is still head coach.

In the last 6 seasons his record against OSU and Bowl opponents is 2-10. In Carr's last 17 non-conference games against teams from BCS conferences and ND, he is 6-11.

It doesn't matter how much talent UM returns, as long as coach Carr is on the sidelines, don't include us in the NC discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carr haters crack me up. Like somehow he has nothing to do with them being a great team, but when they lose some big games it's all his fault.

Nebraska - won't quite be a top 5 team next year, probably top 10

West Virginia - will be sick with Slayton and White both back. The winner of their game with Louisville will be playing for the national title IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The concern isn't so much that Carr isn't able to beat teams, but rather that he cannot win BIG games against tough opponents. He still has a decent record against top 5 and top 10 teams b/c of his first five or six years, but over the last five years, he does not have a stellar record.

After the USC game, one of the USC players said something along the lines of "We knew every single play they were going to run. It was like we could predict everything before it happened. They always just try to rely on having better players".

Unfortunately, this is true, and while Michigan have better players than 90% of the teams they play, they always run into trouble and many times look awful against teams that have as much talent as them (OSU, USC, Texas, etc.) The problem is, these teams have just as much talent as them, along with great coaches, and it's usually not too difficult to adjust and find ways to win.

I can't say that I disagree with Carr haters, and I do believe that with the super-conservative, locked-down playbook he utilizes, as well as his lack of being able to make adjustments, Michigan won't win a national championship next year, or probably anytime soon...

There's a reason people consider us one of the most overrated teams every year. We have the talent to back it up, we simply don't utilize ours as well as many other teams utilize theirs.