View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Stars PLO/8 .10/.25 - flopped nuts, now what?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

I'm an Omaha/8 noob, so I'm still trying to get used the types of plays I should be making in certain situations. And here's one of them.

Reads over 50+ hands:
Button is weak tight.

BB is loose aggressive playing quite a few hands and potting flops with 2 of a suit or a paired board. I think he bullied some small pots, but I can't be sure since he never showed his hands. All I know is that he played over 40% of his hands.

MP2 is semi-loose aggressive and passive AF. Has shown some ugly hands.

I wasn't sure about whether to bet this flop or try for a pot-sized check raise. Should I be afraid of someone drawing to a better straight for high and/or getting quartered if I slow play this, or is that monsters under the bed? All comments and constructive criticism are welcome. Thanks in advance.

MP1 ($5.25)
MP2 ($5.10)
CO ($13.90)
Button ($25.65)
Hero ($36.60)
BB ($30.40)
UTG ($46.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

Another question comes to mind...is this a playable hand from any position at the table, or just the blinds and maybe the button in an unraised pot?