View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
I've actually set this bet up with two of my friends. One shoots around a 92, the other can shoot anywhere from 73-84 depending on his swing that day, but he's usually a lock to break 80.

Same conditions as Ivey and Pavin: 92 (I guess 20-handicapper, right?) shooter gets 2 attempts per shot. He just needs to better the other guy playing straight up. We've actually discussed counting a tie as a win for the 20-handicapper.

Anyhoo, on whom should I bet? The 92-shooter never really blows up on a hole but someone as bad as me doesn't count a double-bogey as a blow-up. When I blow-up, I get the max stroke penalty and am told to move on. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Bet is for substantially less than $10k by the way. Probably with these two cheapies, less than $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this one is close. 73-84 is a big range. i would assume 80 is his average score (it sounds like 73 is his best ever). if the 92 guy won on a tied hole, i would take him in a second and bet tons at 1:1. that just wouldn't be a fair bet. straight up, it could easily go either way.