View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: 50NL 6max- I think this hand applies to one of those theorems??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the turn? I know its a nice board and all, but you still have a one pair hand. I hate calling this and seeing some donk w/ AK. This is a tough spot but I lean towards fold against an unknown bc he made a normal raise on the turn which implies he's not a total donk. Only AK, 22 and a random 4 beats you though, but I'd fold this. Readless this is tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. betting tha turn here sux. wut hands r calling that u beat? maybe KJ prolly not KT. and there r basically no draws. this is a great spot to check behind to either induce a bluff on the river or for him to call a river bet wider then a turn bet. as played u have to fold. wut does he do this with that u beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get paid off by someone who can't fold a KJ or KT. And I get value from FDs. It's hard to put villain on AK or a 4 here. If I was against a known decent player who can fold TP I'd check here but against an unknown I just assume that if he calls with TP on the flop he will call again on turn. If the flop was something like 9JK checking the turn would make a lot more sense. But I do like checking behind in these situations but I felt that betting was the better play here.