View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: I [censored] up, 200bb 5-10

[ QUOTE ]
omg, fisher plsplsplsplsplsplsplsplspls stop. cole, i hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st of all, YOU SUCK!
2nd, YOU STILL SUCK
3rd, STILL SUCKin

It's easy for you to post imature comments like so all the time but when it comes to strategy, you really suck!

[quote}yea he would have won the pot at its current size but if he bets pot or sllightly more - then he must make a huge mistake to call the bet and you must then fold to the scare cards on the river because there is really no hand you can beat, if you push the turn only hands that call are better ones like a slowplayed set so really that is a bad push just overbet the pot and fold to a k or 8 on the river, that is the best way to get long term value for your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a good point here. But I have only one problem with your play. The cards now dictate who wins and who loses. If your running good, then yeah, I guesse. And if he had flopped a set, there's no way with that board that the villian is going to call the flop reraise. His option is to raise medioker knowing well the Hero has atleast a Big Ace that can call. Besides, I'll take my chances the way it was played.

[ QUOTE ]
The guy made a mistake calling a $350 turn bet with QT if that's indeed what he had. Overbetting the turn is ridiculous unless you know he'll call with a draw, not fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not a mistake, it never is when your not priced out to draw the nuts. Over bet? Who says it's an over bet, It's protection. You still have the rest of the night for grinding out more doe.

[ QUOTE ]
fisher, this is my issue: a guy who calls 400 looking for his straight will easily call 1200-1500, or even an all-in. and then we can't win the hand anyway. so wouldn't we want to bet something in the middle, like 700, and then check and fold the river every time he hits? seems like that would get more value for our big hand but also save us from looking like buffoons and paying off his draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends who you play. In my neck of the woods, folks will call pot size or mid bets on str8 draws when there's 2 cards to come. On the turn, same thing, only now the pots are growing. If player is not tilted or suicidal, there's no way he can call a protection bet with 1 card to come. If he does and snaps you on the river. Then, yeah. You loose more than you could have. But in the LOOOOONG run, you'll end up winning more pots(more munny) and loosing less(loosing pots like theese monsters). It's your call. I'm not telling you how you should play. The situtations change from table to table, player to player. But this is my standardd base. Besides, I hate loosing big pots, but I don't mind it as much if I'm going in with the best hand. Your call

TWP- You still suckin?