Thread: AA vs. caller
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: AA vs. caller

[ QUOTE ]
Since everybody is focusing on the choice between Absolution's line and the "3-bet the flop and lead the turn" line, it's worth noting that this is the sort of villain you should strongly consider using Absolution's line against. LAG's will rarely take a free card on the turn after you slow down on the flop, so going for a c/r is partilarly reasonable in this case. I'd be a lot less inclined to do this against a villain who was more thoughtful postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking basically. This guy likes to try and push me off hands postflop, which is why he calls a lot preflop. When you peel the flop against these guys they think you will fold the turn when they continue. The only downside is that I might lose him if a scare card comes on the turn. I use this line against the guys that always raise their small pp on ragged flops as well. I think the key against these players is to play lower variance by checking and calling a lot when they show aggression so that they never get the implied odds they are looking for.