View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Tell me how to play this hand from the BB ($50 PLO)

Biggest mistake - buying in for $18. Either buy in really short (20bb or less), or make the full buy in.

If you had bought in short, preflop you would reraise and put it all in on the flop no matter what.

If you had made the full buy-in, call the raise preflop and flop would be an easy check-fold. Your position sucks with respect to the raiser (you want him on your left, not on your right.)

Otherwise, I think your play was OK, but buying in correctly would have prevented you from entering this [censored] situation in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
It's my first hand at the table, but I noticed the button was pretty aggressive while waiting for the BB to come my way.

I'm new and this is a situation that baffles me. Tell me what I should've (or shouldn't have) done and I'll probably be more able to ask better next time. Thanks - and sorry about the converter. If anyone can tell me how to convert Prima hands, that would be great too. And to further exasperate the situation, I bought in short - $18. Button has about $50, I can't recall the other players, but UTG+1 had > $100.

> SB posted small blind ($0.25)
> Hero posted big blind ($0.50)
> Game # 1,122,054,233 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] )
> UTG called for $0.50
> UTG+1 folded
> MP folded
>Button raised for $2.25
> SB folded
> Hero called for $1.75
> UTG called for $1.75
Pot is ~ $7 (less rake)
> Dealing the Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
> Hero bet for $4.50
> UTG called for $4.50
>Button called for $4.50
Pot is ~ $20.50 (less rake)
> Dealing the turn(J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] )
> Hero checked
> UTG checked
>Button bet for $20.50
> Hero folded
> UTG folded
>Button mucked
>Button wins $40

[/ QUOTE ]