View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week of 1/2)

I'm lovin' the show.

Table talk: I'm willing to bet that the chatterboxes at these tables are also chatterboxes in real life. I'd much rather watch/listen to those guys trade barbs and just try to get under each others' skin, than watching those stupid icy staredowns that WPT resorts to all the time.

Yeah, some of the players are kinda toolish. Hey, it's real life. It's fun to watch.

Limited commentary: I find that the players, even when they're just chit-chatting, have much more interesting things to say than any of the talking heads on WPT or WSOP. I too am puzzled by what the commentator does choose to say, but generally, less is better here, and they're doing a lot less, so it's better.

Shauna: Couldn't care less. Get her off the show, as far as I'm concerned. It's about poker, not T&A.

Phil H: Never disappoints
Shieky: Extreme toolness mode engaged, sir!
Annie: Shows infinitely more class than 98% of the people who trash talk her here
Steve Z: Kewl dude. Like him taking digs at Phil
Huck: Like a ghost at the table
Gus: Love Gus. Love him.

I'm hooked. It'd be slightly better if this table substituted Mike the Mouth for Huck, but hey, you watch the poker shows you have rather than the poker shows you wish you had.