View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: NL25: JJ vs. preflop RR

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What better hands does your line fold? The pot is re-raised is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is the only reasonable hand that you have to protect against.

I'd call and get it AI on any turn. A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn is not a bad card for you at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a favorite over JJ on this flop. You are only a favorite vs AKo and AQo, really. Both of these hands are probably in villains range, but so is JJ+. Since we have no read, let's give him some credit and say he isn't reraising you PF with less then JJ, so that rules out any upper middle pocket pairs. Assuming he doesn't have JJ, it's about 50%/50% if he has you beat. This is a tough spot and I think you really need to just go with your gut, holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem mixing it up with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] rigth here. That hand becomes a big dog on a non-heart turn. I think villain's range is wider than JJ+.

Hero open raised from the button. BB could easily interpret that raise as a steal and re-steal with much lesser holdings than JJ+.