View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Default empire poker politics, what would you do...?

hi everyone,
Maybe someone could help me on this matter...

I played a rebuy satelite on empire poker the 29th of January.

I won a ticket for the 200k guaranteed tournament, I received an e-mail from them to congratulate me, and then realize that i could not choose wich date to play the 200k, It was on the 31st, 12.45pm ET, so new years eve evening where I live.

I replied right away, told them I did not know I could not choose the date and ask them if it was possible to play it the week after.

they replied very nicely and told me : "As a special consideration we accept your request to play this tournament next week."

I was so happy...

so on the first of January, I logged in again and tried to register for the tournament on the 7th of january.

My ticket was gone.

after a few e-mails, they explained me that I was registered automatically to the tournament on the 31st, and as I was not logged in my hands where folded until all my chips where gone.

that is what they told me:

"Having checked the hand histories, I see that you did not respond in time and were blinded off, which means that blinds will be posted from his account and this, is what occurred in your case. It is for this reason you are not getting the option of free entry when you are trying to register for the tournament.

As per the standard procedures we follow, the tournament went on smoothly until completion hence, we will not be able to make a refund in this case.

However, as a special consideration I have added $50 to your account. Please understand that this is the maximum favor we could do at this point in time as you were been contacting us from the time you had won the entry. To avoid such things to happen in future, I suggest that you double check if you are registering for the correct tournament."

the thing is that I was registered automatically, and they forgot to make the changes so that I could play on the 7th...

the fact that they gave me 50 $ shows that they had something to compensate...

what should I do now? complain? say thanks and go f... myself...

if someone knows better I am open to any suggestion.

Marco