View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: something i always do

[ QUOTE ]
6 max online game. 1 limper, i am in BB, so heads up to the flop.

i check every flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to lead every flop that I miss when I have little chance of improving and no showdown value unless I know the opponent is so loose that he peels undercards etc. For example, 30/5 open limps, everyone else folds. I check 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I lead for pot. I think you take this down plenty often enough for a bet to be profitable. Rarely do I fire again on the turn -- maybe if the board gets really scary.

I usually check flops when I have a bluffcatcher with some showdown value, but a hand not good enough to value bet. Sometimes I'll call a bet on a street or two. For example, 30/5 open limps, everyone else folds. I check something like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB. Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check here and decide whether I want to call any bets based on how bluffy he is and how hard he is going to make it for me to get to showdown.

Whenever I flop a monster I always just lead for pot -- I'm doing this as a bluff often too and it's criminal when the flop gets checked through. If they are stupid, I will bet as much on each street as I think they will call with top pair.

With any draw I'll lead for pot and usually follow through on the turn. For example, 30/5 open limps, everyone else folds. I check 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I just lead this one for pot. Lots of turn cards are going to be scary, he's going to peel KQ/33-ish hands plenty, so I think potting the turn again is alright and helps balance out my potpotpots with monsters.