Thread: Update on SSNL
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Update on SSNL

I'll wait for the movie. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, Matt -- I'm quite eager to read the book. Oh, and to the people who think this might make the games tougher: bad players read books and don't understand them. They misapply the concepts and get themselves in over their heads. They mistakenly believe they understand everything and then they fall on their own swords as a result. Good players read books and get far more out of them than a bad player ever could. Even if a bad player improves somewhat from reading this (or any other) book, a good player will improve much more from doing the same work. I admit that this book will likely make some of the fish slightly less fishy, but it will make the good players (by this I hope I'm talking about "us") even better: the difference between the bad players and good players will get even WIDER.

Oh, and some good players and some bad players WON'T read the book, and we'll gain ground on ALL of them.

Getting good at poker and staying good at poker require time and effort. Matt's making it easier on us to achieve our goal of becoming better players. Thanks, Matt.