View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Optimum Bubble Strategy?

[ QUOTE ]
You did good.

I go crazy aggro around the Bubble, with or without a big stack. Usually this means I'm gonna go deep into the money or not at all.

Picking on the medium stacks works best. Shorties call out of desperation and big stacks call because they can (if you're a shortie). You want to put people to a decision when your stack is big enough to hurt them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define crazy agressive. Do you mean pushing with 72o when checked to? Do you mean pushing UTG with K9s? Or do you not even look at you cards and make decisions based completely on position and table conditions?

I am trying to figure out if my hand matters at all. I understand that if I have the button and the blinds are medium stacks, I can hammer them, but aside from that, I get a bit lost.

Also, do you guys every keep the Small stacks in the game (giving them a walk, calling their raise and then folding no matter what on the flop, etc.)? Meaning, how much if at all do you manipulate the short stacks? just so that you can continue to steal from the medium stacks?

I have tried doing the above and only end up giving away chips!!