View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: 16: JJ bet out or check/fold set value only?

From the stacks and blind levels it looks like he eliminated someone else early. Is he especially aggressive? Has MP1 called a few raises already? If both were true I might consider reraising preflop. Maybe 200-240 range, much more and it's harder to get away from it postflop. The blinds are still pretty small so I don't mind committing a few chips; being OOP after the flop makes the hand hard to play so I'd rather end it here. The problem with this arises, of course, when you're called and have to make a c-bet into a flop like this, which looks bad but may not have hit your opponent(s). I'd still make another bet against one opponent, especially UTG who has a big stack and may be seeing flops w/ less than good hands. Probably about 250, and fold to any pressure. If called in both spots I'd check the flop.

If both players seem tight or solid definitely just call, and in that case I like a check on the flop and see the action. If UTG makes a small bet and MP1 folds, I kind of like a raise as the last money I put in the pot. Say he bets 100 and MP1 folds, I might raise to 300. If he calls I'll check fold the turn. If he checks the turn and the river is a blank I might call a small river bet from him. *edit - this should probably be the default w/o reads.

If MP1 just calls a small bet from UTG, I might call just to see the turn, check and reevaluate. I'll probably fold to a big bet. If UTG bets and MP1 raises, its instafold.