View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: NCAA Bowl Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you look at those two and tell me the Big10 is tougher?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not saying the Big 10 has been better than the SEC this year. I just don't think the gap is as large as some think, and if the Big 10 does go 3-0, I think it would prove the gap isn't large.

In addition, we always have to take into account that these are virtual home games for SEC teams. Is it fair that the Big 10 has to play Big 12 teams in Texas, Pac-10 teams in California, and SEC teams in Florida? Doesn't seem fair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've argued the gap isn't large throughout the year, and I pretty much hate all the conference bitching. I just get upset when I see all the BigEast teams racking up big records is due to a soft conference, but the Big10 teams doing it is a result of great teams.

In one of the playoff v BCS threads, I posted the last 6 or 7 years of sagarin conference ratings. The big conference gap is minimal (less than a score by average team from the top conference to the bottom conference). The ratings for one conference to the next fluctuates greatly from one year to the next.