View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Nines full against loose passive

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: My concern in these spots is I can't rely on the PFR to C-bet here into this field. I think this street getting checked through would suck, #1 with the FD out there, #2 if players are going to peel this is the street they'll do it. Also they may be expecting a 9x hand to slowplay here. My image on this particular day may be wrong for this, not sure.

I agree that I am in perfect postion to C/R. How often should we expect an average (live) PFR to C-bet UI overs here?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you dont think he ever bets overcards here then i think bet/3-betting is fine. but i think if we assume typical opponents, the PFR (or someone else) will bet often enouogh that checkraising is better. then when he puts you on a flush draw and 3-bets you can cap. weeeee big pot.

[ QUOTE ]

River: Easy C/R?? Maybe. How much weight do we give this loose/passive's turn play towards TT/T9. Don't forget I doubt he raeds hands well. He made this play against a flop donker and a button raiser. Does this guy even know what pumping a draw or a FCP is. I have no idea.

What if he 3-bangs the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

checkraising gets the right amount of bets in. if you bet he might put you on some stupid straight or something and call. if you bet and he raises, its tempting to 3-bet but getting it capped kinda sucks.

checkraising will get at least 2 bets out of trips. it kinda sucks when he 3-bets but it's an easy call.