View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Nines full against loose passive

ILP/PETE, thanks for the response. Couple of things I'd like to point out. You let me know how relevant you think they are.

Preflop: I agree. I will OR this hand a few positions latter just to mix up my range occasionaly. This was one of those what the hay limps on the way out. Bad poker I know.

Flop: My concern in these spots is I can't rely on the PFR to C-bet here into this field. I think this street getting checked through would suck, #1 with the FD out there, #2 if players are going to peel this is the street they'll do it. Also they may be expecting a 9x hand to slowplay here. My image on this particular day may be wrong for this, not sure.

I agree that I am in perfect postion to C/R. How often should we expect an average (live) PFR to C-bet UI overs here?

Turn: yeah I really wasn't sure where I was with my kicker problem against buttons raise. I split it 50/50 between a FD and a better 9x hand so i figure if I had 3-bet the flop he would cap with both a better hand and a FD leaving me still guessing.

I opted for the turn donk thinking I would keep the loose/passive in the hand and even if button's holding A9 he still may not raise many turn cards thinking I may have boated up.

River: Easy C/R?? Maybe. How much weight do we give this loose/passive's turn play towards TT/T9. Don't forget I doubt he raeds hands well. He made this play against a flop donker and a button raiser. Does this guy even know what pumping a draw or a FCP is. I have no idea.

What if he 3-bangs the river?