Thread: Another AKs
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Another AKs

[ QUOTE ]
Did I miss the memo that said these types of plays are good? Not to berate, but it seems a significant portion of the hands people have questions are involve a strong draw on the turn. A strong draw on the turn + a pre-flop raise caller + a call on the flop = someone you have no FE against and your draw is not strong enough to push on the turn (very few draws are).

CRAI is better on the flop, free cards are better. Shutting down on the turn is better. It all depends on the villain, but this is pretty hideous.

[/ QUOTE ]
By pushing the turn I'm getting the odds of 2.1:1 if I'm called. Against the range of OPs and sets (AA-77/22) I need 2.5:1. So even if we totally neglect the chance villain has something like QsJs/T9s or some other crap the push can't be that bad. I only need him to fold JJ-99 a few % to make the push at least even EV.

[ QUOTE ]
CRAI is better on the flop, free cards are better. Shutting down on the turn is better. It all depends on the villain, but this is pretty hideous.

[/ QUOTE ]
This interesting though, I really didn't consider c/rai on the flop but that seems like on option. Maybe checking and hoping for a free card would be better too, even though I think we rarely get it.

Edit: Checking and calling a 1/2-pot bet is ok too. I might have overestimated my FE, my bets preflop and on the flop are strong, but we're a little bit deep and I thought I might get him to fold JJ-99 sometimes. Do you guys think he'll call TT/99 on the flop?

Any thought about checking the flop?