View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 04:39 PM

Default Re: how often should i be doing this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yea, i turn the gutter, i push (probably another mistake in the hand). he tanks. types some gibberish in chat about getting set over setted again. one sec left on timer, he calls with 44. i fade some outs in the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
yay for putting in 30% of your stack, hitting a 10:1 shot and then fading a quarter of the deck on the river! (Hopefully you agree with how often you should be doing this, but no one else does, so who knows.)

[/ QUOTE ]

TWP, I respect your opinions alot as a poster and agree w/ alot of what you say, but I simply think you're wrong here. This is a play that has to be made some % of the time. It depends on alot, but there are certainly plenty of situations that call for plays like this IMO. It reminds me of the hand I had vs Runyon Ave where we were semibluffing/semirebluffing each other in the Dec BS thread that you commented on as "terrible play". I think maybe you purposely stay away from tricky bluff/rebluff metagame situations, and while that's perfectly alright, I think it clouds your opinion if you think that it's never a good play. I think maybe this is one place where you could open your game up, or if not, @ least open up to the possibility that it is alright to make a play like this here or there