View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 AM

Default 10/20, Big draw, deep

Villain (UTG) is really one of the biggest fish, I've played against. He calls ALOT, takes really bad potodds, doesn't demand payment when he finally hits, underbets the pot on drawheavy boards with sets etc. etc. He is NOT the type folding any overpair, which has lead him to stack me a lot of times. He follows the description of a true NL100 donk - just playing 20 times higher or so.

He has 5K, I cover. BB doesn't fold preflop in an hour (!!), but rarely goes to showdown either. Unimportant in this hand, tho.

Villain makes it 100 UTG (Ok, he has something NICE, I assume), I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and BB call.

Pot: 300. Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Okay, whaaaat a flop. BB checks, he bets 160 and at this point I'm pretty certain he has something, likely something big, but could also be some missed AK/AQ. I raise to 400, BB folds, and he quickly calls.

Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he checks. Then the question.. Given the stacks, and his pokertalents, would it be a good idea to bet this turn? What if the turn was a 9-J non- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? I feel that if the board paired, I would have a pretty easy check on turn, but if somebody thinks otherwise, feel free to explain me..

- AB

Edit: Corrected the flop raise. For some reason, I only raised to 400.