View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Going All In Before The Flop....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread is stupid

im also tired of hearing people say poker isnt all about math. there isn't a single decision you make in poker that isn't fundamentally based in math.

[/ QUOTE ]
how is looking into someone's soul "math"

[/ QUOTE ] "Hmm, you pushed the flop. Let me look into your soul. Yes, I am certain you are bluffing. Well, not 100% certain of course. Let's say 90% certain. However, even if you are bluffing, you are still ahead of me because once again I am playing 74o from UTG. I have a small chance of hitting a gutshot straight on the turn or river; however, the odds you are offering me are not good enough to call. Therefore, though I can read your soul and I know that you are bluffing, when I translate my reading of your soul into math, I calculate that I should fold."

[/ QUOTE ]
i bet you're a lot of fun at parties

[/ QUOTE ]

"That girl is looking at me. I think I have about a 90% chance of getting lucky with her. But I only rate her as a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. On the other hand, there's a girl over there that is about an 8.2. However, she hasn't looked at me at all, and she's wearing a wedding ring, and she appears to be about 8 months pregnant. So I think I have about a 2% chance of getting lucky with her. So, based on my calculations, I think I should attempt to get lucky with the girl who is a 3. However, do I really want to spend the time trying to get lucky. I could spend my time more profitably joining in the ongoing game of Trivial Pursuit. Based on the competition, I think I have about a 30% chance of winning the game. Winning the game increases my happiness by the power of 3. Still, I enjoy the game even when I don't win, so I'm 100% certain that I will have a good time. Well, you can't be 100% certain of anything. 95% certain that I'll have a good time. Still, Trivial Pursuit requires more energy than I feel like expending at the moment. [censored] it, I'll just go home and jack off."