Thread: Foxwoods 2-5 NL
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 2-5 NL

Scatt,

TWP's responses are very good for the most part. I actually was complimenting his posts not ridiculing them. The reason he gave one word answers is because this hand plays fairly straight forward. With given stack sizes/reads you have minimal to no wiggle room.

The problem with making this hand a math equation is that you have spent little time at the table and from the sound of it have spent just as little time with your opponent. Add to that, that you 'are taking a shot' or playing higher then normal and you really can't be too confident in your %'s.

Then their is the whole, I need to c-bet thing going on here. As I said in my last post, c/c is a much better fit for these stacks. His minraise has to raise flags. Combine that with the fact that he probably has minimal FE since you're so short, and it makes his raise seem that much stronger.

You SHOULD mind playing giving a 'donkish image' because that means that most likely you are playing like one in order to give it off.

Buy in for more then 60BB OR sit back and play straight forward ABC poker until you win a hand or two and accumalate a stack where you can afford to mix it up. And just because you do mix it up, doesn't justify having to go all the way with the hand. You planted the seed. You raised preflop, c/c the flop and c/f the turn. Now you look weak. Wait for a nice hand and repeat. You'd be suprised how loose peoples calls will be thinking you won't have much.

Even if you want to buy in short, atleast have another buyin in your pocket. You can't have it both ways. Play loose/give off donk image/throw chips around to set something up later without having any money to do it with.