View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 08:52 AM

Default 5CD: i play 20k hands, now what? move up, or multi-table?

December 6th, I try draw poker. It was fun and stuff, so i play all month. I made some monies. Not enough though.

So, heres the thing...for the first time in about 2 years, i actually had fun playing poker (this my job, see), and i'd like it very much if i can make draw my breadwinner. $10/hr wont cut it. Therefore, its time to take the training wheels off.

I was single-tabling 1/2. Should i move up stakes (less noobs/far less tables to choose from), or should i try multi-tabling and stay at 1/2?

My primary concern is making a more respectable hourly wage...but i can think long term. Meaning, i realise that i will improve more single tabling 2/4 than 2-tabling 1/2. However, i'm not prepared to play break-even poekr as i cut my teeth, you know? So what has been your expieriences with moving up/adding tables?

At 1/2, i pull 4.88 BB/100 over 20k hands. My competition sucked, but I think i played well too. I'm not so sure theres much more money to be earned here...i could study my ass off, and maybe get another BB/100. I dunno, i probably ran good, so lets say future improvement in my game means i can sustain 5bb/100

1) If i move to 2/4 will there be a massive decrease in donators? My winrate gets halved? Quartered? Evaporated?

2) If i add tables, but stay at 1/2, how bad will my performance drop off? (i used to quad/8 table sngs back in the day) Draw, especially 5handed, seems like the type of game where if i havent been paying attention throughout the hand, i can miss alot. And also, it would be significantly harder to notarize opponents

Advise me, peoples! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh , or should i just stay at 1/2, and realise that $10/hr is about all i can expect from online draw? Meaning, i say thx for the memories, and move back to hold'em........