View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: More NT! modding abuse.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, and I swear I would have this same stance even if I was not pretty much forced to leave OOT, these survivor dual-offs of 'terrible posters' seems really tacky. Woot woot, some people post better and are more well received, what do you win? Gift-card, online points, upgradable e-penis? I can predict your responses already, "satisfaction of not being a moran, hardy har har", then some random douche quotes it and they slap eachothers ass and move onto the next thread inebriated.

So much of the repetition is not these 'horrible posters' and their content itself, it's the way people flock against them and dramatize everything that gets boring. I'm the 'hated poster' for now, then it'll be someone else who ppl disagree with, then someone else, until eventually there remains a group of people who are afraid to disagree with one another because they'll lose their "online status" which essentially takes away everything this forum is supposed to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
As much as it's all the rage these days to hate on Dementia, I have to agree with him here. I think early on he was stubborn and made a lot of posts that people would agree were stupid (me included, I'm sure), but he seemed to weather criticism well and with a sense of humor and seemed to make an effort to be a better poster. Too late I guess, he was everyone's favorite punching bag and his fate was sealed. Kind of a shame, I have respect for people who absorb and deal with as much abuse as he did without telling everyone to eff off.