View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Optimum Bubble Strategy?

From playing in STTs, I have become so accustomed to pushing PF, that I sometimes make stupid overpushes trying to pick up the blinds and antes. Invariably, I get called by a thinking player with a semi-marginal hand who realizes that I went allin with trash and didn't want a call. Personally, I think that the best way to steal is to look like you want to get called. Throw in a standard raise of 3-5x the BB (mixing it up a bit). When the BB is large enough, most will fold unless they have a premium hand. If someone calls or raises, you can get away from the hand relatively cheaply if you need to. Also, although some may advise against this, I really like to throw in a small steal raise (3x BB) from UTG or UTG+1 every so often around the bubble. Most players will give you credit for a premium hand in this situation, and most of the time the table will fold around so quickly that you won't even have time to get nervous. And, don't steal too much, unless the table is super tight. You have to make it look convincing. Stay aware of your image while stealing.