View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Pizza Delivery Tip

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys are idiots. I worked pizza delivery for two years and can tell you that if you tip well you will get better service. We all know who tips and who doesn't. I would always go out of my way to help someone who tips well.

Plus, if the food is late its almost certainly not the delivery guys fault. Traffic can be bad, the store could be extremely busy etc. Bottom line the driver wants to get your food delivered ASAP because it means more business for him.

We also have to pay for our gasoline as well. Give him the whole [censored] 20 bucks and quit being a bitch.

The store that I worked at charged a delivery charge. However, the drivers didn't receive one cent of that. If you are using that excuse not to tip well, then make sure the driverr actually gets the delivery charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmfao, I order pizza online from Pizza Hut every now and then. I highly doubt 1. People are seriously remembering me with all the orders they get, and 2. There is not enough turnover to make them remembering me for more than a couple of months feasible. No dice.

Pizza Hut is expensive as it is. 11-12 bucks for a pizza? Great pizza, but jesus christ. And I'm supposed to tip 2-3 bucks, too? When I'm getting the same food I'm getting otherwise? LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I delivered food for a restaurant so not sure if this differs much from a pizza joint, but, to keep track of customers who didn't order often, we(the drivers) would type comments into the customer data system that would come out when you printed an order(the drivers copy only, where directions go). So a jerkoff customers who lived relatively far away and didn't tip for sh-t got comments when i got back, so the other drivers would also know, it was hilarious actually, when months later i'd get a ticket that said "huge ahole, apartment complex sucks, and hardly tips..." lol i remember this ahole! deliver the food an hour and half later, oh sorry sir, but we were so busy and short a driver tonight...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. My pizza has always been great from Pizza Hut.

2. If I started noticing discernible differences, I would call and complain to the manager, and the little "game" would be up.