View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 09:14 PM

Default Re: More Leyser-Gold drama

[ QUOTE ]

Are u asking for a prop bet? I'll lay 3k with your odds that Leyser doesn't win 6 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a casual observer, I tend to agree. I'm sure Gold promissed him half, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Leyser got greedy and then paranoid at different points along the way. I guess it's all moot, but Leyser should have realized the deal Gold was offering a bad deal for himself and a great one for Leyser.

Basically, I think Leyser accepted a highly advantageous freroll, knowing that it was probably too good to be true but assuming nothing special would result from it, either. Then, he saw a deal that was indeed "too good to be true" becoming a reality, got panicked by the possibility of not getting paid (or having proof that there was an agreement), became neurotic and then started pestering Gold. Gold decided to screw him, or at least make him fight for it in court, and I'm not sure I totally blame him for trying.

It's for all these reasons that you shouldn't accept ridiculously good deals from strangers or from people whom you don't trust implicitly to pay out their trades without having to be reminded. Leyser obviosuly should have gotten something in writing, or at least put some limitations on the deal, both to make it more concrete and to make it easier to collect in the best-case scenario.