View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: More Leyser-Gold drama

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it matters what a low level judge thinks? Like I said before, if all the facts are out, Gold should win. Even if the current judge rules against him, the appeals process will favor Gold. There is no consideration and no reliance. My K prof would turn over in his grave. Gold made a gift and he can retract it at any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you actually believe that Gold was going to give Leyser 6 million dollars purely as a gift, well then I've got some investment-quality swamp land for sale and you can have it super-cheap. Get real, jeeeeez.....

[/ QUOTE ]

We can both say that and it's probably true that it was not intended as a gift, but prove it. That's the big hurdle. What did Leyser give as consideration. He failed to get real celebrities and could only manage a few "b" list celebs. Gold wanted "A" list celebrities to wear Bodog logo. I don't think that will meet the burden. If there is no consideration, then it was a gift.

The judges ruling is just for the injunction. It has nothing to do with the actual case. Unless there is absolutely not a shread of evidence to support Leyser's claim then judge will usually rule in plaintiff's favor bc any ruling would be with prejudice.

We could stay on this forum all day and debate back and forth and measure our e-penis but I'm sure we both have other things to do (I hope).