View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Re: More Leyser-Gold drama

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't harrah's only give a fraction of the fraction of the prizepool that was withheld for the dealers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrah's withheld a certain amount "for the staff", which basicaly means they can do whatever they want with it. Usually when money is withheld it is specificaly earmarked for the dealers or floor staff, etc. The fact that Harrah's made a point to change this is pretty revealing.

I didn't deal the WSOP and don't know how much they made, but I would bet they didn't get much of the withheld money.

[ QUOTE ]
if this is true, then it is harrah's fault and really doesn't matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sorta. It is Harrah's fault, but when even more dealers walk out and every competant dealer refuses to work for Harrahs it will be everyone's problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what the dealers made. It is in line with what a break in dealer would make other places. If everyone is happy having the WSOP dealt only by breakin dealers that is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this isnt the time or place, but:

If the dealers are aweful, players will stop entering WSOP events, which will lose Harrahs money, which will make them realise they NEED good dealers to keep people happy, which will make them pay dealers better, which will get better dealers returning, which will get more players playing.

It is NOT the job of players to make up the difference - if Harrahs is charging a high juice and not passing this on to dealers then the problem is between Harrahs and the dealers.