View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Re: 5CD: I\'m uncomfortable the amount of uncalled bets i make post-dra

Maurakawa,
can you give a second reply, more about when to make the close post-flop bet, and less on calling standards? As in-depth as the first reply would be awesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] What i was talking about was mostly, me making the bet, him folding usually.
An example: i raise KK from EP/CO/Button, only call is the BB. Who draws 3. I draw 3. He checks. I put him on an unimproved pair; he could have A high, 44, KK, or 2pr/trips (assume hes donk). Do I bet or check?

This guy could well call me with any pair (pot lays him 3:1), or he could know hes beat and fold his pair. He probably just calls me when he's improved to 2pr, if he checkraises i drop.

Again: Hero JJ88-utg pre, raise. Button calls, all fold. I draw 1, him 3. Any point leading? What about if i have KK22 instead? AA-?

Your advice is great answer for wrong question. Reread my OP , a 2nd reply from perspective of when hero knows he was ahead pre- and the villain had to improve...does villain (donk) call enough value bets when i miss too?

*More often than not, hero has position on villain. Alot of villains "hits", he leads out, therefore its that much less likely he has strong hand. So i dont feel like i'm losing a bet all that often...but so many are uncalled, seems risky. Then again, they cant make a bad call unless i make the bet...