View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 03:02 AM

Default 5CD...how loose as small blind?

If im at a 5 handed table, and theres a few limpers (lets say two)...how weak do you complete with? Will you play any pocket pair, and should i be? I like folding the lower ones, is that leak, or standard?

I've never been comfortable with the you are getting 7 to 1 on your monies!!! dogma; i know when i hit, im second best alot and often get whumpfed for 2 big bets.

70% of the time i wont improve, and check/fold
So when i hit 2prs, its often beat, trips less so, but still a full quater of the time i make 222, someone will have a bigger trips for me.

Is 22xxx a money loser to complete with behind two limps? Then what is the profitable cutoff point?

So i've been folding like 55xxx and worse lately, and feel good about that (wish there was DrawTracker!). Do you guys play tighter? Or looser?

I can see even folding 10-10, just becasue its so dodgy on when you are ahead/behind after the draw, you can really play it to win extra bets, at least i cant find much confidence to do it.

But 10-10 gotta be too tight right? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] For half a bet, lol. 7:1 on your monies!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thing is, it is such a common situation, at a passive table. I'd like to get it right. Polltime!

*i know obviously "it depends"...but just treat this like a dartboard, and pick something reasonabe