View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Pizza Delivery Tip

'You delivered pizzas. How can you go out of your way for someone who tips well?'

If possible deliver their order first. Thats a big perk since people ordering are lazy and demanding instant gratification. Normally that could mean getting your food 15-30 minutes early depending on other factors. Free drinks, possibly some kind of discount if I took the order.

'If everyone tipped $4.50 for delivering a pizza, you'd be making way, way too much money.'

Have you looked at gas prices lately? 15 years ago, you'd be right. 4.50 at every house would be great but it is unrealistic. Personally,I expected 2 or 3 bucks at every house. More or less depending on the size of the order and the distance from the store.

'How is that our problem? You're the driver. If you don't like the fact that you're not getting a piece of the delivery charge, get a job delivering pizzas somewhere else.'

That's a valid point. The store I worked at had considerably higher volume than the competition and generally people overlooked the delivery charge and tipped well anyway.

I used to be a very mediocre tipper, but a little experience always changes your point of view.