View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 02:56 AM

Default I\'m sorry but this game blows

I've played up to the second scene at Bur Omisace and I'm so bored and annoyed I think I'm just gonna abandon the game.

-- Gambit system is somehow both cumbersome and underdeveloped.
-- Interface in general is poorly thought-out.
-- It takes way too long for the cool gambits to become available.
-- Story has no emotional hook.
-- Music is underwhelming compared to previous FF games.
-- Developers should have used the gambit system to let players field all 6 characters at once....or at least let players switch characters on the fly! This aspect of the interface is a big step back from FFX.
-- Game's too easy unless you intentionally gimp yourself. When it does get harder, it doesn't really get funner.
-- Shallow gambit system and 3-character limit means that player skill doesn't matter enough relative to level differentials.
-- The spells and techniques that allow for the cleverest strategies take too long to unlock.
-- Having to play guessing games on the license board is lame.
-- Augment section on license board is lame, these passive abilities should just have been incorporated into the leveling-up process.
-- It's impossible to get 100% without consulting a FAQ or buying the guide -- I'm sure that's not an accident, which is so uncool.

etc etc

the cinematography and art direction in the cutscenes are awesome, i'll happily admit.