View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 02:12 AM

Default Re: a few hands from the nightly hundred grand

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the advice. i'm not one to say whether or not 3-bet/folding this late in the tourny with given stack sizes is optimal or even close to it since im just learning tournies, but i thought against an active mp raiser who hasn't seen much of me it should work fairly well.

but, now that im re-thinking it he may get push happy with a lot of hands thinking that he's being aggro so im adjusting etc., and by following your advice(13k-14k call a push) that negates his positional advantage if he were to call and takes away any fe he might have thought he had. only downside is we have 8 high if pushed on. either way i think your idea is better.

fwiw if he just called my 3-bet i was pushing any flop, yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't really like restealing and folding when we have 25k and we raise to 9600 or so. I personally prefer to make it a touch bigger to make it obvious we are commited if i chose to resteal. With these stacks i might just let this one go because it is pretty borderline for raise/folding to his push (if we had 30k we could raise/fold and if we had 20k we could raise and clearly be commited).

Obviously if he calls we push the flop. Lots of people are terrible (like the opponent in the 66 hand) and will often call off 2/3 of their stack to fold on missed flops etc. Im often still suprised at how often people fold in spots im sure they are totally commited.