Thread: Ruling
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Ruling

[ QUOTE ]

Lets say someone bets 100 and the next guy raises all in for 300 3 more players call and then the guy who goes all in sees he has a 500 chip left. What happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

This really needs to be clarified. I am guessing this is a tournament not a live game because for the most part players in games were they can casually overlook a $500 chip don't post in this forum very much. If he jsut threw out the $300 in chips that is the bet and he is not all in. If the $500 chip was obscured from view (under the rail or under a napkin etc) and he declares himslef all-in the chip is removed from play and he is all-in.

This is the closest written rule I could see (I didn't search, I am headed out the door for a meeting at work). This isn't in his pocket, but if it is hidden enough that nobody can see it we can count that the same as being in his pocket (or alternatively I woudl just tell them the chip is out of play for being hidden, I looked for a rule to post because I know this will not be popular on this board and there will be a number of posters that say that isn't fair).
[ QUOTE ]
All chips must be visibly displayed at all times. Players may not have tournament chips in their pockets at any time. A player who has chips in his pocket will forfeit the chips. The forfeited chips will be taken out of play from the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]