View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: 50/100 double gutter

Since we know that V is very aggressive and fully capable of strong calls as well as going over the top of you, I'd suggest a rather passive approach.
Also, because the stacks are pretty deep and we dont want to make a decision for all our chips right here.

Like I said... If we bet right into him, there's a major possibility that he'll run over us, and even if he doesn't, I think he'll rather fold than just call.
So, with that in mind, I dont like neither bet-call nor bet-3bet; bc seems pretty weak, and'll probably be overrun on the turn, whereas bet-3bet is very risky. If he pushes we'll either be commited or have to fold; if he cold-calls, we have no idea where we stand, and we will be forced to act first on the turn; and if he folds, yay, we won a small pot.

Which leads us to our check options...
If he checks behind, take a shot at the turn and then re-assess from there. If he bets, however, we can either raise, and force him to make a decision for a large amount of chips on a dangerous board - the downside with this is that the turnwill be very hard to play as first to act; or we can just call, and then try to make a move at the pot at the turn.

I prefer the check-call alternative. With this play we can lay down on a bad turn, bluff on scare-cards such as A, K or any card that pairs the board, and also there's the possibility of making our hand.
Although, as someone said, if we do hit the low-end, I dont think we'll be paid off that generously.