View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Ask Imitation about 2years in China

Hi Imitation, thanks for your responses thus far.

I have been to Qingdao, had a relaxing time there. It's not too bustly. It would also be a good place for me to get out to next autumn because it's the base for the 2008 Olympic water events, if i recall correctly.

Next questions were going to include "setting up with an agent beforehand", but you've squared that one up. So...

- I am a UK Citizen (if you haven't guessed already). If I'm heading out there with the intention of working, but not yet found a job, isn't it illegal for me to get a tourist visa? Will i have to apply for a work visa with the intention of finding a job out there? Wouldn't i need sponsoring for a work visa? Or do you suggest going out there on a tourist visa and winging it.

- I will not be travelling alone, I have a girl who wants to teach English in China to and will most likely come along. Do you think it's possible, likely etc. that we will get landed jobs in the same city, or even the same school/class/department/whatever? I imagine we will get some control over the age range we want to teach (neither of us want to teach under 18s really).

- what do you think the authorities would have to say about an unmarried couple of westerners in China teaching English to their citizens? would "seditious" be a word the authorities know?!

There'll be more, no doubt. Hope you aren't annoyed I'm not asking questions about partying and chicks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pete