View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin impressive cash at Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar,

it is not true that:

1) all of sttf had multiple accounts through skins
2) all of sttf had multiple accounts through party

only by having multiple party accounts could one multitable the super tournaments (i think) and only by having multiple party accounts could one play under different screen names at the step 5 and step 4 higher tournaments (i'm sure).

like i have said repeatedly, zj is a hell of a poker player, who both cheated and offered incredibly weak "apology and explaination" for his actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

yo,

#3 is definitely true - you could only cheat if you had multiple skin accounts. however, this time period was when the 8 tabling craze was pioneered by raptor (I think he was the first to do it, no?) while Party still had 4 tables max. So anybody that wanted to > 4 table anything needed two accounts, plus, of course, rakeback made skin accounts mandatory, etc. I had an empire/pokernow/party setup and I was so behind the curve on > 4 tabling I still haven't caught up...basically, IIRC, everyone playing mass volume during that six month span was playing on empire/PN/eurobet simultaneously (and then half of them would play the Empire multis and Party multis at once since both were so soft).

but yes, ZJ cheated and his apology was weak. however, also IIRC, he admitted multiaccounting long before his win by posting an HH of him under another SN. multiaccounting on dif. skins alone just wasn't that big of a deal that he would bother to hide it, and tbh I still don't think it's cheating until you actually enter yourself in one MTT twice.

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"actually we do, he listed them all."

That, of course, presumes that he's not cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, yeah, he could be cheating *now* and we would never know. he could also have had accounts #7, 8 and 9 back then whose SN's he didn't come clean about. do I think he did? no, because when he admitted he multiaccounted nobody gave a damn that he multiaccounted, they just cared (wound up caring a few months later, that is) that he played in the same MTT multiple times.

anyway, I don't particularly want to defend ZJ or not defend him so I'm gonna stop now. I just find it weird that 'multiaccounting' is such a big deal when literally everyone I know was doing it for totally different reasons.