View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

I also really hope that this 30k allegation isn't true. While the allegations don't involve chip dumping or outright theft, overstaying your welcome on someone else's account and losing $30k is extremely unethical and undeserving of forgiveness.

Given that we don't have verification that this really occurred, I won't comment too much yet.

However, if Brandi is guilty as charged, she is total scum and deserves everything that has happened. Then again, it could be complete BS, as we only have a rare poster's third-hand claim to go on.

I will say that a lack of comment about this from newhizzle would more indicate guilt on Brandi's part. If it's not true, we'll probably be hearing from him shortly.

When Mark won that Borgata event, I was truly happy for him. I met him during this year's WSOP, and he seemed like genuinely nice guy. However, my SECOND thought after he won was, "Oh crap.. I hope the scumbags and leeches of the poker world don't try to take advantage of him now."

There is one simple rule to live by in the poker world:

Trust nobody when it comes to money.

I really hope that Mark didn't actually find himself 30k lighter as a result of his generosity. If he did, I hope that this will at least be a wake-up call when it comes to trying to help people in the poker world.

NWP is constantly full of stories of people "rolling" each other for money -- usually unpaid loans or reneging on stake repayments. I know, however, that this sort of thing has been going on long before NWP ever existed, and it will continue to go on with each passing day.

All around the poker world, it's the same ol' song.