View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Default A little different 350bb POT @ 200nl.

This hand needs some extra information otherwise my play seems completely donkish overplaying of bottom 2 pair with this board.

Information about villain:
He once slowplayed his 45off on a K44 board. The action went like this. I raise, he calls preflop. I bet the flop with KQ, he calls, turn brings 7 & backdoor FD. I check, he checks. (there was punch of callers preflop so the pot was quite big after my flop bet and I didnt know anything about the guy and decided to maybe pot controll abit on turn, well he checked behind) River brings 6 and the backdoor FD completes. Someone with KXs could have flush. I check the river because his play seems fishy (yeah weak) He bets half of the pot, I call. I dont like the way I played this hand, i definetly should have bet the turn. OH well.

So to the exact hand. I feel that he will slowplay his big hands because of the previous hands. So after he min raises me on flop, I feel like i have to protect my hand which can easily be outdrawn. So I 3bet and he instacalled. That basicly gave me information that he definetly didn't have monster because he called so fast he wasn't even thinking about raising. At this point I put him on maybe Q and big club. Like KQ or AQ. or even AA or KK.

The hands he might have that have me beat are Q6, Q7 and maybe QQ. But I had a huuge feeling I had the best hand on turn. So theres 170$ in the pot and I have 270$. If I bet 150$ IM commited and might even give him some impliedd odds if he's completely idiot and calls me with just Ac or something. So I decide to push.

I wont tell what hand he had but he thought till the last second and called.

The question will he call me with worse hands on turn is reasonable but I felt the pot odds and everyhinng obligated me to push the turn. Comments Will be apreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB ($356)
UTG ($158.90)
MP ($234.70)
CO ($191.15)
Button ($33)
Hero ($362.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($16) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $28</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $78</font>, BB calls $50.

Turn: ($172) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $276.25 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $270 (All-In).

River: ($718.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $718.25