View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: 2007 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

The Wells signing was on overpay IMO, but it's probably the only way he was going to stay in Toronto. He is a very valuable player.

I expect this year for the Jays to fall back quite a bit.

Halladay is one of the best pitchers in the league, but you lost a well above average guy in Lilly, and Burnett is never a good bet to make 30 starts. Chacin is probably better than replacement but your rotation is really in awful shape.

In the pen, B.J. Ryan is a relief ace, Speier is very good, Scott Downs is a good long guy, Frasor and League and Tallet are all good relievers. Basically, the bullpen is a huge strength of this Jays team.

In the lineup, Overbay, Glaus, Johnson, Rios are all superior guys to go along with the very good Wells and Thomas. The bottom three spots of your lineup will be a real weakness, as not much can be expected of your set of middle infielders.

I made the statement about expecting the Jays to fall back quite a bit without knowing much about the team. Looking at it, they're a lot stronger than I thought. They'd probably win every division not named the AL East or AL Central, in spite of their absolute dreck of a rotation.