View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know "Captain" Tom, but I do believe the poker scene is full of broke misogynistic scumbags, so this wouldn't surprise me at all.

And Brandi, assuming this is true, why not go through the normal channels of talking to a lawyer and/or the police?

Btw, if it's true that he tried to coerce you into having sex with him by threatening not to give you back your money, that's called "attempted rape."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as easily done as you might think. First off this took place in another state so she would have to go there and file a complaint. The fact that she has no physical evidence means it's her story against his. And finally, using coercion to have sex may not be attempted rape under the criminal statutes of most states. It would probably fall under a different code.

If this took place the way Brandi describes then she is best off just considering that 12k as gone. She won't get it back from him. According to the story though she's already got about half back from others though.

Brandi, a lot of the posts here are from young kids with no real world experience so just ignore them. Many of us who have played poker for a long time have seen similar situations and can emphasize with what happened. Here's the god honest truth about male poker players who want to back young female players: They want sex. Don't be naive and think that they don't even if they insist that they don't. In fact, the more they insist that they "respect you" and are just "looking out for your best interests" the faster you should run in the other direction.

Get your life back together. Sounds like you aren't afraid of work so go and work those 2-3 jobs for a while and earn some cash so you can pay your rent.

Good luck.