View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Best line to take here?

[ QUOTE ]
The point, IMO, is that if we c-bet here and he folds no one knows that we had a good hand and we can keep c-betting whether or not we hit. If we c-bet and he calls we can check the turn and try to induce a bluff, or we can open push. If we are raised we can 3-bet push w/ what is most likely the best hand. If we showdown w/out c-betting when we do it often our c-bets are more likely to have more resistance and not c-betting will set off alarms in our opponents heads which means we will have to show down good hands going forward. Just my .02, but I'm c/r the flop AI so 'he puts me on a whiffed AK' + I don't mind taking the pot right there if he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree (as usual) with Ace. I lead the flop for the reasons he said. I also love the bet-check-bet line in spots like this: Bet the flop and make it look as "normal" a c-bet as you can. If he calls, check the turn (and call if he bets). Then push the river, repping a last-ditch effort to take the pot after your presumed draw failed.

Now, if the turn brings a scary card (something that could help a draw), I'll revise my thinking and bet big or push the turn rather than checking.

Matt