View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Best Boss Battles

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For RPGs I'd have to say Velius from FF Tactics. His fight is somewhere in the middle of the game, and there's an unexitable save point right before it. He's tough. So tough in fact that if you've just been going along with the story and not done any extra leveling, there's a decent possibility that you have no chance of beating him. And if you used the save point right before him, you can't get out to do more leveling. So it's a boss so powerful that it makes you restart the whole damn game. I know two people who had to do this, and it was hilarious each time.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG OMG OMG OMG

This is why I stopped playing the game when I was like 13.
Then, when I was like 20, I decided to replay it again, only to COMPLETELY FORGET WHY I STOPPED PLAYING ORIGINALLY.

So, nearly a decade apart I get stuck at the same point both damn times.

[censored] YOU FFT

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the fight where Ramza fights the boss one-on-one then the rest of your party joins in the second stage? People have posted a little "cheat" in order to make this easier. During the first stage, continue to use Ramza's Guts ability which increases his speed. You can increase it to the point where you're taking 8-9 moves to every one the enemy takes, while avoiding his attacks. This speed increase will continue to the second stage, which makes it much easier to finish up.