View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Mystery Uncovered

[ QUOTE ]
The ones that get 25 cents per hand do (they are called props, but all propping online means is they get roughly 100% rake back instead of 30% rake back).

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the roll of online props and that the VIP players play a similar roll. Unfortunately in the eRoom they are used in a manner which ensures that the room won't grow. For example, online the casual player may not notice the props; in the eRoom it is immediately obvious something isn't "right" (e.g., when a player is approached by the floor and leaves an already short game to play in an even shorter game of the same type and limit).

Of course a normal B&M wouldn't pull a prop from an already short game, they would find another prop or let the other game go unless that other game was high priority (e.g., the prop might be pulled from one of three short 20/40 holdem games to save the only 20/40 stud game).

As an aside, if I ran an online room I'd find a way to pay a 35/15/2 (i.e., very loose, aggressive) prop a lot more than a 15/5/1.5 (very tight, moderately aggressive) prop just for generating the action. I never researched it in depth but I think some online rooms do something like this based on reading a couple posts by stoxtrader.

Anyway, in the eRoom there are a lot of high action props (sorry, I meant VIP Players). This will diminish over time of course as they go busted. But they make the same as the tight VIP Players. One VIP Player is so tight (love when he sits on my left, it's like getting two buttons every round!) that I think he actually averages more in rake back ($3.50 per round) than he puts into the pot per round!

~ Rick