Thread: Q9 aggression
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Q9 aggression

[ QUOTE ]

-I wouldn't raise pf as a default, but I could see how having the initiative here can actually buy you the pot on the flop sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]

-I wouldn't take your turn line very often either, but I don't think it is a terrible play against someone who can fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, i wouldn't take this turn line very often either..but i don't think it's such a great play unless villain is nitty / oblivious. IMO hero's hand has a "Nuts or bluff" feel to it, since we're repping 8x. It would be a pretty weird way to play Tx - giving both opponents a cheap look at the turn and then going for a c-r on the turn, risking a potential free card to 2 players.

As a result I think you're getting looked up here very often. If villain could be getting out of line preflop then there's more merit since occasionally we'll catch him without a hand.

Also, if villain calls the turn I think we should check the river, there are very few hands that beat us that will fold to a river follow through once they are there...perhaps QJs and KdXd are the only ones...

Surf