View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 AM

Default Re: New Thread on 2+2\'s Statement Re the PPA

Thanks for the link to the PPA's Board of Directors webpage. It allowed me to do my own two minute investigation.

From Michael Bolcerek's biography on the PPA Board of Director's page:
[ QUOTE ]
Michael R. Bolcerek has over 20 years of management experience in the tech industry with both large companies and start-up firms. He has held top positions such as President, COO, and CFO for companies such as Oracle, NeXT Computer Inc., Nokia Display Products, MongoMusic, and Liquid Audio where he ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds quite impressive, doesn't it?

From Michael Bolcerek's resume at http://www.geocities.com/mbolcere/mi...ekresume.html:
[ QUOTE ]
...Oracle Corporation ... Leasing Sales Manager, Credit Manager, Manager Contract Admin...
NeXT Computer Inc. ... Assistant Treasurer, Manager of US Treasury Operations...
Nokia Display Products... Controller...
Mongo Music... COO, VP of Finance 6/00 - 10/00...
Liquid Audio...CFO, Senior Vice President 4/01 - 2/03...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, contrary to the statement on the PPA website, Michael Bolcerek has not held positions such as President, COO or CFO at companies such as Oracle, NeXT Computer Inc. or Nokia Display Products. He was employed in a more junior role in these companies.

He did serve some less significant companies as a President, a COO and a CFO, but consider the size and record of the companies during his tenure.

The only place in his resume that I could find where he is listed as President is for Spatializer Audio Laboratories Inc., where from 6/97 - 9/98 he was also CFO and VP Finance. This company trades over the counter and seems to have a market capitalization of less than $1M.

His COO experience is limited to his four months at Mongo Music, which an article in the Aug. 21, 2000 edition of The Industry Standard describes as:
[ QUOTE ]
Privately held and unprofitable, the company subsists on investments from Argus Capital, Nokia and Sony, among others.

[/ QUOTE ]

His CFO experience at Liquid Audio was around the time an article in C|Net news dated June 13, 2002 titled "Liquid Audio finds a buyer" stated:
[ QUOTE ]
... Word of the sale comes only a few weeks after a dissident shareholder called on Liquid Audio to put itself up for sale. The call was prompted by the company's dismal earnings report. Liquid Audio reported revenue of just $135,000 for the first quarter of the year and a loss of $4.9 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the PPA website give an accurate descrption of its President's credentials and experience? Does this relate in any way to the theme of transparency and full disclosure? Are you happy to trust this guy with your money and our cause? You be the judge.